1. Enhancing targeted support, particularly for underserved communities, through initiatives in mobile healthcare, mobile emergency services, and ambulance services to enable faster services to all communities.
2. the Government will implement a ‘eHealth’ strategy which will incorporate existing Information and Communications Technology (ICT) systems into one system-wide model to enhance health data management, and to support research, development and commercialisation initiatives. The Government will work with the private sector to increase information sharing and strengthen the role of the private sector in service delivery.
3. Expand capacity to increase accessibility, with initiatives in developing new facilities, upgrading existing facilities, and enhancing healthcare personnel capacity and capabilities. The Government will encourage the participation of private healthcare service providers and non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in the provision of healthcare facilities such as dialysis, rehabilitation and medical testing lab centres, to complement the existing public healthcare services. The plan also intends to achieve 2.3 hospital beds per 1,000 population, where the hospital bed count includes public and private hospitals, maternity and nursing homes, hospices and ambulatory care centres. There is also an aim to achieve a doctor to population ratio of 1:400.
4. Intensifying collaboration with the private sector and NGOs to increase health awareness. This will span a broad range of initiatives, from community health and prevention programmes, to research and development efforts between industries, universities, and research institutions.
5. Promoting the healthcare travel services industry where the focus will be to attract healthcare travellers seeking treatment in areas such as oncology, cardiology, orthopaedic, reproductive help, and dental treatment services. The plan is to grow healthcare travel through international accreditation, increased insurance coverage, and the regional referral network, all leveraged to attract a higher in-patient mix and revenue-per-patient in the identified areas.